Welcome to our Media & Events Room
We have been featured on many national and local television and radio broadcasts, as well as print publications.
- Parade Magazine, "9 Ways to Give Back This Season," , Create Now featured, December 2013
- The Sound LA, 100.3 FM, Jill Gurr Interviewed, December 2013
- Performances Magazine , Create Now featured, September 2013
- L.A. Talk Radio, Jill interviewed by Mother Love on on September 6, 2012
- O Magazine follow-up, April 2012
- L.A. radio stations KROQ, KTWV, KRTH and JACKFM, Jill interviewed on CBS Radio "Open Line", March 18-25, 2012
- Web magazine Daily Candy, Los Angeles edition, Create Now featured, December 2011
- O Magazine, 16 Ways to Make an Incredible Impact With Less Than $15, Create Now featured, December 2011
- KTLA TV, Create Now Founder, Jill Gurr, honored as a "Hero at Home," Oct. 2, 2010.
- KLOS, Jill Gurr Interview, March 3, 2010
- Univision's "Nuestra Navidad," hosted by Gloria Estefan from the White House, features Create Now, December 2009.
- Museum of Tolerance, Everyday Heroes Exhibition, Create Now founder Jill Gurr honored, October 2008 (exhibit has been ongoing since May 2007)
- ABC-TV News and Fox 11 News, Create Now Peace Mural project, unveiled during an International Cultural Festival in Gardena, featured, April 19, 2008
- CNN: Anderson Cooper 360°, Create Now featured, June 15, 2007
- NBC Nightly News with Brian Williams, Create Now founder Jill Gurr interview, November 20, 2005
Featured Event: August, 2014 E-Racing a Hit With Foster Youth
On Thursday, August 7th, foster youth from LeRoy Haynes and New Dawn group homes, along with their mentors, grad students from Art Center College of Design, participated in the 9th Annual "Formula-E" Race at Art Center College of Design with teams from China, several Southern California campuses and Mattel's "Hot Wheels," racing in various competitions that require all cars to be propelled by rubber bands.
Create Now provided a booth there, where the kids and their mentors got to show off their rubber band cars and artwork. Dozens of other homeless and foster children were at the event to enjoy the festivities, along with local participants and visitors and Create Now supporters. This was a fantastic opportunity for our kids to interact with the community and receive honest admiration for their newly-learned skills. - Read More
Featured Event: April 2014 Book Fair Big Success!
Create Now received more than 5,000 books for children and teens through ABC7 and First Books. These high-quality books were distributed on Saturday afternoon, April 5th to hundreds of children in our neighborhood, as well as to groups of troubled kids from shelters, group homes and other agencies in our network.
Our collaborator was the Hope Street Family Center, which is a community outreach benefit program of California Hospital Medical Center that provides in-home and on-site educational, health wellness, behavioral health, developmental, and social services that support children and families. They are located directly across the street from our office on Hope Street and Venice Blvd. Adjacent to both of our offices is a pocket-park that was the site for our Book Fair.
More Featured Events
- 2012 ZAM FEST Huge Success - September 23, 2012
- IVCLA "2011 Community Resource Award" Showcase, Create Now Honored, November 3, 2011
- Inspired - A Create Now Showcase, November 13, 2010
- Celebrate Now, October 2010
- Have a Ball Christmas, 2009
- Find Your Rhythm in Boston, October 3, 2009
- LA Street Scenes 3: Everyone Has a Story, April 30, 2009
- Viv Campbell and 10 Lucky Auction Winners at Lola's L.A., March 7, 2009
- Big Sunday: When Life Gives You Lemons, Make Lemonade, May 3-4, 2008
- LA Street Scenes 2: A Boy's Life/A Girl's Life, November 16,17, and 18, 2007
- Third Annual Comedy Night at the Improv, September 18, 2007